July 28, 2008

"World's Best Dino Impressionist"

That's my good buddy Bobby "Dino" Morelli, whom many consider to be the best Dean Martin vocal impressionist in the world. I've heard them all, from London to Las Vegas, and I agree. He's got the slightly sloshed insouciance down to a science, and his singing voice is subtle, sincere and elegant. Bobby's one of the talented performers I've been lucky to work with in my so-called career; our RAT PACK act will be at the Tropicana Showroom in Atlantic City Monday, Sept 22. Hear his mellow tones here or see Dino dancin' with our showgirls here. Now That's Amore...

4 comments:

ATOMIC GEM said...

THIS IS GREAT AND I WATCHED "AIN'T THAT A KICK IN THE HEAD" VIDEO. I NOTICED IN THE SCHEDULE LINEUP THAT IT ENTAILS GOING TO STUBENVILLE OHIO TO THE DEAN MARTIN FESTIVAL. THAT'S SOMETHING I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO ONE DAY. AWESOME BLOG YOU HAVE HERE & THANKS FOR VISITING MINE! DINOGAL

Buster Maxwell said...

Thanks, you Vegas-lovin' chick. You'd also dig Bobby with the showgirls onstage at: http://lbf-entertainment.com/. Best, Buster.

ATOMIC GEM said...

VEGAS LOVIN' CHICK I AM....BUT I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT..ARE YOU SAMMY DAVIS JR., OR JUST A FRIEND OF BOBBY & THE RAT PACK CLAN?? THE RAT PACK VIDEO WAS GREAT WITH THE SHOWGIRLS! DINO-DELIGHFUL DINOGAL

Buster Maxwell said...

DINO-GAL...yes, you have discovered my secret identity. I admire Sam, and try my best to render a loving tribute to the world's greatest variety entertainer. More SAM video at www.youtube.com/drvinnievegas. And, a couple of my Dr. Vinnie swing tunes at www.myspace.com/drvinnievegas. We have two good RAT tribute acts we run out of Pittsburgh, and we're having fun at it (www.musicalkomedy.com). Thanks for asking!

PS: Loved your Atomic blog as well. Ah, the sixties...when the clothes matched the cars and the music and the architecture. A complete aesthetic.